Saturday, June 13, 2009

Yeah for us!

As God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them together in perfect unity. Colossians 3:12-14

I read this and immediately thought about my sister, Maggie, and I. For both of us, forgiving one another was easy. We listened to God and obeyed his timing. When He brought us back together, we were both ready to receive each other. Our relationship is stronger than ever. We love talking with one another. We even have our own language. We instantly transform our voices into this southern ghetto mode. From her I have learned phrases like, "OMG," and "IDK." I have also expanded my vocabulary to allow for words like: presh, fab, fav and hilar! God has richly blessed our once broken relationship and we have a fabulous time receiving His reward!

1 comment:

maggs said...

this is wonderful and our love and forgiveness was/is such a blessing! i love u