Tuesday, June 9, 2009

I did it!





"Oh Lord, I'm nervous!" Those were the words I said just before the scissors made their mark. I have been talking about cutting my hair since Charlie was born. After a night of NO sleep and a screaming child, I became somewhat sedated today and decided to go ahead with it. I wanted to donate my hair to Locks of Love. Among other things, the hair has to be 10 inches long. As you can see, my contribution is just over a foot. I feel so free! When Seth and Charlie came to get me, Charlie just looooked at me. It took him a minute to convince himself that I was Mommy. We decided to go to the tee ball game. It was fun hearing the comments and even more fun when some of the children didn't recognize me! Being the ever so kind husband he is, Seth is full of compliments for me.

4 comments:

Brady Blog said...

I LOVE it-precious. Great decision on Locks of Love!

Anonymous said...

Katy! I love reading your blog, and I LOVE your new hair cut!

Debbie said...

I'm so proud of you! This is a milestone for you my Dear. It looks fab!

maggs said...

it took me a min to actually belive u did this! i really thought u were pickin at first when u called! lol but im proud of ur decision! and its looks su purb! or however u spell it lol so i will just say fab! it looks FAB :) and i cant wait to see it in person!!!