Thursday, July 9, 2009
Yeah for Thursday!
I have so much to do to prepare for my lil' sis arriving!
1. I am SOOO thankful that this time next week, Bug will be with me! (I mean that Maggie, you will be with ME!)
2. I am thankful that she and I can joke and get it! We spend so much time laughing at one another. We trip each other out and I'm not sure that anyone else would think it was funny :)
3. I am thankful for the wonderful memories she and I have. One of our favs is riding down the road in my pickup with the windows rolled down and singing our hearts out! We did this about every time we were together since I was old enough to drive! Because I am so much older than she is, I always got my way and the radio station was always where I wanted it to be. Lucky for her, we enjoyed the same music! Another fav was the rodeo in Andulsia that I opened for. We had so much fun on that trip!
4. I am thankful for my job. I work for the best people in the land! It's so nice to have a job and it's soo nice to work part time. We are sending letters to Congress about our Medicare crisis and for them to continue with Medicare. I work for Hospice Care of the Southwest and we are funded by Medicare. Hospice actually saves Medicare money by managing the patient at home and preventing numerous trips to the ER, hospital stays and doctor office visits. Our doctor is FAB. He still carries around the black bag he got when he graduated from medical school back in the day!
5. I am thankful that today I have gone for a bike ride with my son (against the wind). I tell you, pulling 30+ pounds and pedalling against the West Texas wind really wears on me. I only lasted for about 20 minutes. I am still sweating! My muscles are already sore. Poor things, they have been getting it lately! I've been like a drill sargent, screaming in their ears to "WAKE UP, SHAPE UP AND GET MOVING!" I'm still worn out from the swim we took yesterday too! I'm begging for my previous figure to return. Oh, how I miss you.