Friday, January 22, 2010

You've really got a hold on me...

What is this urge that has come over me? I try to resist. I try to be a good mom and spend all of my child's awake time 100% devoted to him. I try to be a good wife and spend quality time with my husband when he arrives home from work. But...there you are, sitting on that table there, always available, beckoning me to pick you up and use you. When you are in my lap, I have the world at my fingertips. I can spend hours wasting time, fooling with pictures, searching topics that stir my curiosity, etc. Oh, I could a spend days locked up just you and I, exploring what you have to offer. I must curve this hold you have on me. I am a wife and a mother and I have other obligations. I vow to let you down gently. My loved ones are calling out to me. They miss me. The one who gave you to me is second guessing his gift choice. I remain thankful for the time we spend together. I will return to you...later...less often...and for shorter periods of time...I hope. I pray for strength to resist you and give those that fill my life the time they deserve. I will need you, oh laptop of mine, in due time.

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

haha this is so great, and definitely me! Did you write this or copy and paste? I would love to use it!

Debbie said...

You are just too funny girl!