Friday, January 29, 2010

Winter X Games...

I'm sitting here with hubby sharing a moment together. We're watching the Winter X Games. I am learning the language of: stoked, stomped, due and a host of other words I will probably never use. Hubby is happy. My jaw has dropped on more occasions than I can remember. I had no idea people did these things on snow mobiles, skis and snowboards. I don't even know why one would want to attempt such feats, but one does. I am convinced these people must be on something. They are filling their bodies with energy drinks as if life were happening in fast motion. This doesn't seem normal to me. They gulp a drink, make their run and before they come to a complete stop, they have another drink in their hand. Throughout the entire competition these people are never without a drink in their hand. Does that seem strange to anyone else? Another observation: the mustache! I have been around long enough the see fashion repeat itself, but the stache! I am just not ready to see this thing resurface. I didn't see it so much in the snowmobiling or skiing, but the snowboarders are doing their best to bring this thing back. There are many things in life I don't understand, and tonight I discovered another.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Yes, it's strange to me in a way, but then, not really too because that's the way of the "world".

maggs said...

ha this post cracked me up! lol i def have to agree w u, the stach is tryin its best to come back and ugh those things are "hit me in the eye UGLY!"