Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The afternoon of...


Heading out for a stroll!


Playing with Daddy some more! Love the reflection of my stained glass piece. Thanks again Mary!


Special pics with Mommy!


Swimming!


Eating chicken salad with Mommy.


Playing with my new toy!


Happy birthday to me! P.S. I hate this hat!


Oooh, fire! Daddy had to hold my hand down!


My balloons are still here!


My new basket!


I love bubbles!

I was SO happy to pick Charlie up from the nanny's today. Today was the 1st time he has thrown his arms around my neck and really hugged me! He squeezed me so tight! When we got home, we played together on our bed (one of his favorite places to play)! He crawls around, rolls around, buries his face in the pillows and squeals! It's so fun. After that, we went for a stroll. We ran into Daddy on the way home and met back at the house. It was so nice to have him there when we arrived home. We put our swimsuits on and headed to the pool for a swim! We tried to do all of Charlie's favorite things today. After our swim, Charlie ate chicken salad with Mommy and helped Daddy with some of his beans. Then, we celebrated his birthday with cake and ice cream again! Today, he received his presents from Mommy and Daddy. He got a new toy for his high chair, with a ball that lights up, a basket for his toys in the bathtub and a bubble blower for bath time too! As I was cleaning the kitchen and saying goodbye to my son's 1st birthday, I was accompanied by the sounds of squeals and laughter as the bubble blower filled the bathroom with bubbles. I fed him his night time bottle in my arms and he drifted off to sleep while looking into my eyes. What a great way to say goodbye!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

What a great way to spend his special day! I'm SO glad Daddy got home in time to share in the festivities. The bubble blower was a great present! I'm sure he'll have many hours of bath-time fun! Luv U guys!