Thursday, December 10, 2009

Missing Nana!


There's Nana. This is her. Just smiling at me.


Going in for a hug, but the picture just won't allow an embrace.


Why won't she come out and play with me? She's just in here, looking at me!


Maybe I can get her to come out this way.


So, I'll walk around with her a while. Come on Nana, let's play together!


Well, she's still there, just looking at me.

We have been patiently waiting for Charlie to name my mom. I'm not saying it's done, I'm just gonna say what happened today. I had Charlie on the changing table. He sat up, like he always does, and pointed over the my mom's picture. He said, "Nana." He pronounced it Naana, with a soft A. Don't worry Mom, I won't start calling you this until he confirms it more. We might just name you this on the blog until further confirmation. This new language inspired me to get Mom's picture down. I asked who she was, but no response. Instead, he wanted the picture. He held it like it was his best friend. He wanted Nana to come out so badly and play with him, but she stayed there, smiling that posed smile, that just wouldn't change. Oh, the pains of distance.
P.S. I know you're crying now :)

7 comments:

Debbie said...

You are SO right I say sniffling! You know me so well! What a blessed day this is indeed. (You know, secretly, that's what I had in mind, but shhhhhh don't tell him!) Oh, and of course, if he wants to call me something else, he certainly can!

Unknown said...

awwww Katy this was a precious picture post....
I love your moms comment

LeAnna said...

Oh my goodness, how precious was this?!?!

Anonymous said...

Awww! This was so sweet!

Anonymous said...

BTW, I lOVE your music! :)

maggs said...

this has got to be the sweetest thing ive ever seen, just plain heart melting!!!!

maggs said...

this has got to be the sweetest thing ive ever seen, just plain heart melting!!!!