Thursday, September 17, 2009

Thankful Thursday at Truth 4 the Journey

I love this meme, particularly because it is encouraging. My husband and I have been praying for quite a while for another job for him. We pray specifically for a job that will offer great benefits, increase his salary and allow him more time with his family. We all want one of those jobs don't we?! A couple of weeks ago, I told my husband that instead of praying for another job, we should start praising God for what He is going to send our way. So, that is what we have been doing. My husband has a bad ankle that has suffered numerous surgeries. Four about 5 years between sports and cattle, his ankle was wounded. That ankle has recently flared up. His job is physically demanding and this old injury resurfacing has limited him as to what he can do at work. So, we began to pray even harder, as it would be devastating to us if he lost this job. This is a great lead into what I am thankful for this Thursday.

1. I am thankful for answered prayers. God has not yet provided a new job for my husband and we trust His timing on this. However, in the mean time, He has increased his salary there, given him a much nicer company vehicle, and provided assistance with his labor duties!!! My husband is training a new worker and is able to go to the sites and instruct him on how to do the work. This time has allowed my husband's ankle to heal. That, along with the steroid shot! We are very thankful for these events.

2. I am thankful for the future assistance my new mother in law will provide with childcare. She has graciously agreed to watch Charlie for us on the days that I work. This will be such a relief for us, both financially and mentally. It just rips my heart out when I have to leave my child crying. Charlie just loves Laurie and I know he will be so excited to see her everyday.

3. I am thankful for the all the effort my mother puts into coming out here for as many visits as she can. She tries to fly out about once a month. Each visit is such a treat. Charlie really took to her this last visit. I mean, when she arrived he was like: see you later Mommy! It was quite amusing.

4. I am thankful for my sis! She is trying to find someone to take over her apartment lease so can move back out here. Having her closer will be a blessing.

5. I am thankful for my job. I work for such a wonderful group of people. We are a diverse group, but we come together for one common cause and that is to serve and love on others. We are able to have peaceful conversations about subjects we have different opinions on. We understand that at times, we will agree to disagree. We love and respect each other. I have never worked with a group of more loving and supportive people. I am so blessed to have my job. We also just hired another nurse that lives in my town. I am looking forward to working with her and growing our area.

This Thursday, my cup runneth over. I have much to be thankful for, well, except for that traffic ticket I got while caught on camera running a red light. Has that happened to anyone else?


17 comments:

SusanD said...

Katy, this is a fabulous list. Rejoicing w/you in God's provision for your job and for your hubby's job. Also for you family and the closeness you share and enjoy. Blessings, SusanD

Valerie said...

Hey Katy!! I love this meme too. I haven't done it yet and I keep saying I'm going to. Sorry you couldn't reach me by that email. I have my main email account but it is still aol. vpspls@aol.com if that doesn't work do you twitter? If so I am @valeriegail we'll friend each other and you can send it to me that way in a DM! Oh by the way I love your blog!!!

Jane In The Jungle said...

What a great list and yes, amazing how ours were so similar!!!
And I understand about leaving a crying child. My 2nd son was 6 mos before I was able to stay home but I had found a fabulous caretaker for them, whew!
Praises,
Jane

Jill said...

I love this meme! I will have to try to do it soon. I hope your Sis can move out soon. I wouldn't know what to do without mine.

Danae Hudson said...

That's a wonderful list!!! I'm glad that, even if your husband doesn't have a new job, God's doing you good in the meantime. He is so good like that!

Sonya Lee Thompson said...

Great list! I am so excited to see how God has allowed your husband to find the healing peace he needed!

God Bless,
Sonya Lee

Collette@Jesuslovesmums said...

Love your list! Thanks for your comments on my post earlier! I agree that what is going on in schools in the US is out of order and I would be pulling Jacob out of school if that went on over here. Thankfully it isn't so far!

Love Collette xxx

Sarah said...

What a beautiful way to look at life and see the Lord's provision as you praise!

Delighted to meet you today and splash around in thankfulness.

Splashing for His glory,
Sarah Dawn

Journaling Gina said...

Rejoicing with you over such a wonderful list of blessings!

Anonymous said...

This is a wonderful, heartfelt list. I praise God with you on all those things that are lying ahead for you and your husband.

BTW-you asked about the web-site, it is: mygrocerydeals.com.

I hope you enjoy it!
Blessings Tessa

Nana Jul said...

Katy,
I am so glad you stopped by and were encouraged!! Keep on Praising Him, and keep your eyes open as you are! Jer. 32:17 Nothing is too hard for the Lord!!

Lisa said...

Teh common thread of family runs all through your thankful list. I love how you love your family.
Blessings ~ Lisa

Debbie said...

Traffic ticket? Ooooppps! It's a wonder your Mother hasn't gotten one of those "surprises" in the mail! Thank you for being you! You've always been such a joy and you just continue to be. What a blessing! (for everyone!)

Mary Moss said...

Katy, I'm so glad you also have a job that brings you joy. It is a rare find, indeed, especially in these time when so many are without work:-)

I have decided to use your prayer focus/method regarding my husband's employment. He has been vastly underemployed for over 2 years. It has been challenging for him (and me) to wait on God to provide his next full-time employment after working so many part-time jobs to make ends meet.

Beth Herring said...

Katy - great list of thankfulness and I am thankful right along with you!

You are blessed and I am so happy for you as the Lord has bestowed favor upon you and your family!

love lives in the kitchen said...

Dear Katy,
what a fabulous list! I'm very happy for you and your familly!
Have a great Friday!
Justyna

alexis said...

Katy; I just found your blog by reading a comment you had left at Collete's blog "Jesus love Mums", and I have to say I TOTALY agree with you on the homeschooling issue! A lot of these issues taught in the public school system should be tought in the home, NOT in a school setting. I definitely don't want someone talking to my sons about homosexuality, abortion or contraception--these are things they need to hear about from mom and dad! Lovely blog you have!