Thursday, September 17, 2009
I love this meme, particularly because it is encouraging. My husband and I have been praying for quite a while for another job for him. We pray specifically for a job that will offer great benefits, increase his salary and allow him more time with his family. We all want one of those jobs don't we?! A couple of weeks ago, I told my husband that instead of praying for another job, we should start praising God for what He is going to send our way. So, that is what we have been doing. My husband has a bad ankle that has suffered numerous surgeries. Four about 5 years between sports and cattle, his ankle was wounded. That ankle has recently flared up. His job is physically demanding and this old injury resurfacing has limited him as to what he can do at work. So, we began to pray even harder, as it would be devastating to us if he lost this job. This is a great lead into what I am thankful for this Thursday.
1. I am thankful for answered prayers. God has not yet provided a new job for my husband and we trust His timing on this. However, in the mean time, He has increased his salary there, given him a much nicer company vehicle, and provided assistance with his labor duties!!! My husband is training a new worker and is able to go to the sites and instruct him on how to do the work. This time has allowed my husband's ankle to heal. That, along with the steroid shot! We are very thankful for these events.
2. I am thankful for the future assistance my new mother in law will provide with childcare. She has graciously agreed to watch Charlie for us on the days that I work. This will be such a relief for us, both financially and mentally. It just rips my heart out when I have to leave my child crying. Charlie just loves Laurie and I know he will be so excited to see her everyday.
3. I am thankful for the all the effort my mother puts into coming out here for as many visits as she can. She tries to fly out about once a month. Each visit is such a treat. Charlie really took to her this last visit. I mean, when she arrived he was like: see you later Mommy! It was quite amusing.
4. I am thankful for my sis! She is trying to find someone to take over her apartment lease so can move back out here. Having her closer will be a blessing.
5. I am thankful for my job. I work for such a wonderful group of people. We are a diverse group, but we come together for one common cause and that is to serve and love on others. We are able to have peaceful conversations about subjects we have different opinions on. We understand that at times, we will agree to disagree. We love and respect each other. I have never worked with a group of more loving and supportive people. I am so blessed to have my job. We also just hired another nurse that lives in my town. I am looking forward to working with her and growing our area.
This Thursday, my cup runneth over. I have much to be thankful for, well, except for that traffic ticket I got while caught on camera running a red light. Has that happened to anyone else?