Monday, September 7, 2009

Hi.

Having had my 1st job this weekend, I quickly became familiar with the areas I needed to work on. My biggest challenge was capturing moments in low light without a flash. I was frustrated time after time as the pics I took came out blurry. Then, when I would use my flash, it would take forever for it to be ready to take another pick. This is devastating when one is trying to capture life as it happens. Betsy will do so much. I have read the book, but applying what one has learned takes time too. So, today I spent about all day practicing in this ONE area. Charlie was a very realistic subject because he is always moving. This is my fav of all the pics I took today. No flash, low light, with Charlie in motion. The blinds were closed here. I had the camera set on continuous mode and was really impressed at the quality of this one. No editing has been done. What do you think?

3 comments:

Debbie said...

I think it's unbelievable what that camera can do in the dark practically! Can't wait to see the wedding pics! Only one day!!!

Linda said...

This picture is beautiful. What a precious pumpkin! I think the lighting in this photo is perfect. Don't be discouraged. :) Practice makes . . . ;) (I was a Texan for two years -- I loved it. My husband went to A & M for grad school. I worked in a law office in the tiny town of Bryan.) Keep up the great work!

More Than Words said...

I think it's cute!!!!!!!!!!!