Saturday, September 12, 2009

My 1st Tea Party!!

I attended my 1st Tea Party today. Our doctor (at work) is a Conservative. He spent years practicing medicine in Canada. When he could no longer bear Socialized medicine, he and his family returned to the US. He and Dr. Eads spent some time educating those in attendance today. Funny thing is...one only has to actually read the bill to decide that it's an infringement upon our rights and will be devastating for our country. I brought the hubbs along just in case things got bad, but they never did and it was a peaceful protest educational opportunity. I felt that attending this Tea Party was the least I could do for this day in our history with the big march in Washington happening. We were not an angry mob. We did not speak badly about our said leader. His name wasn't even mentioned that much. Education was spread, along with the contact #s for Pelosi and Reid!!

1 comment:

Jill said...

I think it's awesome you went to the Tea Party! I would have loved to hear the speakers and the people in the crowd. This is my first time visiting your blog - it's great! Thanks for stopping by mine. I love your playlist!