Friday, November 7, 2008

The Subject of Sleep






Everyone told me to sleep while I could before Charlie was born. I hardly slept at all during my pregnancy. I thought I would find relief once Charlie arrived. I knew it would be rough until he learned to sleep through the night, but I thought after that I would be in the clear. Well, Charlie has been sleeping through the night for a while now. He goes to bed between 9:00-10:00 and sleeps until 7:00am. Thank you Lord for that blessing! Seth sleeps just fine. I, on the other hand, am not so fortunate. I wake up to pump. I wake up when Seth moves. I wake up at every sound Charlie makes. I wake up when Charlie moves. On average, I get about 3 hours of sleep per night. I am sure that others reading this are thinking: WELCOME TO MOTHERHOOD-GET USED TO IT!!

No comments: