Sunday, November 2, 2008

Giving Thanks

With Thanksgiving approaching, I thought it would be appropriate to reflect on the things that I am thankful for. First and foremost, I am thankful for the love of my Lord. I have to say thank you for never letting go. So many times we place conditions on love. Despite my failures and mistakes and determination to do things "my way," my Lord's love never left me. In fact, with the events in this past year, my Lord has seemed to say, "It doesn't matter how much you fail, see how much I love you!" He has given and given and given.
I am also thankful for the love of my Husband. We have had our taste of "In Sickness and in Health." It's just been a taste though. If this is the hardest "In Sickness and in Health" we face, we will be doing pretty good! Pregnancy hasn't been the easiest on my body, though the fruits of that labor are EVER rewarding! Everyday he makes me feel like I am the prettiest woman on earth. We love our life and treasure each day together.
I am thankful for the love and support of my family. Having a child has opened my eyes to a lot of things that I did not see before. From the moment my family found out I was pregnant, they began supporting us. Each has blessed us in their own way and we have enjoyed being on the receiving end of their love. The distance is hard on all of us, but we make the most of it. Vega is a great place to live and raise children, but my heart hurts that Charlie won't be spending more time with his Alabama family. There is a jackpot of love for him there.
I am thankful for our church family. When there has been a need, they have been right there to meet it. They have even met needs we didn't know we had, like bringing meals to us! Our church has been an awesome example of God's love and has extended His grace to us time and time again. They have been a wonderful example of the legacy of marriage. Thank you for pouring your lives into ours. We love being a family with you.
I am also thankful for the privilege of being a mother. Every day is a gift. Charlie amazes me! He has really put things into prospective for Seth and I. The things that seemed so important before melt in comparison to one of his smiles. He brings so much joy into our lives everyday. I am so excited about what the future holds for us and all the fun times that lay in store.

No comments: