Saturday, March 20, 2010

Diffuse Glow

















We touched on the subject of lighting in my class just before Spring Break. We learend about diffuse light vs specular light. Specular light has harsh shadows and occurs more in sun light or direct light. Diffuse light produces softer shadows and a nice glow, if you will. I finally discovered the difuse filter in PSE 8. All these things seem to come to me just before I give up. In these pics, I wanted to give a soft, tender glow. I am curious to see what you think. In the last pic, I saturated it a bit as I found the diffuse filter also washes out the color, so it is a bit more choppy than the other two.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I think your technique is right on. I like the 2nd picture the best - and the last one is good also. Sure do miss you guys!