Monday, October 27, 2008

Mommy was very sick :(

I somehow acquired a staph infection in my left breast. To make a long story short, I had surgery on Thursday (10/23/08). The doctor lanced and drained the abscess. I was in the hospital from Thursday through Saturday. I now have an open wound. I am so proud of my wonderful husband, who has been a real trooper this past week. He juggled staying with me at the hospital during the days and having Charlie by himself in the evenings and nights. He now has taken on the task of unpacking and packing my wound. He will have to do this daily for the next three weeks. Surprisingly, I am able to continue breast feeding on both breasts!!! I was able to resume feeding on the left breast on Sunday. I consider breast feeding one of my greatest joys of motherhood, so I was anxious to resume. Thank you to my family and church family for your continued prayers and support. Thank you to my wonderful husband for your love and support! You continue to impress me everyday.

No comments: